This wonderful Trout Almondine recipe is one of Rocky Bob’s favorites, when it comes to enjoying fresh trout. It can be prepared in a kitchen, and also over a campfire.
Rocky Bob’s Trout Almondine Ingredients
10 -18 oz. whole trout, dressed
3 Tbsp. dry vermouth
2-3 Tbsp. slivered, blanched almonds
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. of juice from a jar of Spanish Olives
1 tsp. of fresh lemon juice
Rocky Bob’s Trout Almondine Preparation
Fully sauté the trout in the olive oil and butter for 4-6 minutes on medium-high heat
While the trout is cooking, prepare the Almondine sauce:
- Pre-heat a dry fry pan on high heat for 1 minute
- Then, add 2-3 Tbsp. of slivered almonds to the pre-heating, dry fry pan and heat for 2 minutes, after a minute shake the pan
- Then, add 1 Tbsp. of butter to the almonds, and turn off the heat, stir every 30 seconds for 1 minute
- Then, add dry vermouth, lemon juice, garlic powder, and olive juice to the almond mixture
- Stir it together, and pour over trout still in the frying pan
- Salt & pepper to taste. Serve fish and sauce together, and enjoy.
- Note: This recipe also works well with beer, so you can substitute beer for the vermouth, if you prefer, or if that’s what you have on hand.